Monday, March 23, 2015

18 Inspirational Tattoos That Celebrate Divorce

Once they've signed divorce papers, 20-something-year-old women worldwide are taking ink to a whole other level. They're going under the needle and commemorating their new beginnings by getting tattooed. Sure, there are less painful and permanent ways to declare one's independence, but those don't act as daily reminders of strength and wisdom.

Here are inspirational divorce tattoo ideas from those who have been inked:

2015-03-20-1426872034-86288-DivorceTattoo3.jpg


I got this little guy on the inside of my wrist. It reminds me that after all the heartache, anger and dissolution I went through, I need to stay true to myself and wear my heart on my sleeve -- even if it's scary. -- Jessica from Georgia


Photo courtesy of Jessica.

2015-03-20-1426873180-1167106-skelteonkeydivorcetattoo.jpg


I got this shortly after I separated from my husband of three and half years. The key is to remind me that I am never locked in any situation. I can always get out. It says 'always a lesson, never a failure' because my marriage was not a failure, but a lesson in life. I stayed married for three years too long because I didn't think I was strong enough to be on own. My life is amazing now. -- Jeannie from Washington


Photo courtesy of Jeannie.

2015-03-20-1426872114-659279-DivorceTattoo4.jpg


My divorce tattoo is a take on DaVinci's Anatomical Heart. It's broken and sewn back together by the best thing that ever happened to me in the midst of it all: my son, Atticus. -- Katie from Georgia


Photo courtesy of Katie.

2015-03-20-1426872081-9290943-DivorceTattoo2.jpg


The peacock feather is on my left wrist. My life is now filled with peacocks because they are the modern phoenix, representing growth and rebirth. I chose to tattoo my wrist because I can see it all the time, feel strength and remember that I have rebuilt my life. -- Tara from California


Photo courtesy of Tara.

2015-03-20-1426872159-1988818-DivorceTattoo1.jpg


I got my tattoo for my daughters and myself. It shows our favorite colors and objects inside an infinity symbol. I like knowing my kids are with me everywhere I go. I'm getting the second part soon as I can. It'll be a phoenix with the Latin saying for 'I will rise from the ashes.' This will complete my shoulder piece and remind me that I have my daughters and I'll always rise from the ashes. -- Jenah from New York


Photo courtesy of Jenah.

2015-03-20-1426872191-3474646-divorcetattoo9.jpg


My divorce tattoo consists of two birds. Both are flying out of the cage to represent the freedom I felt as I became a single woman. I had put my life on hold to marry my ex-husband and move to another state for his career. I am now free to focus on myself instead of it being all about him. I'm studying French in college so I added the fleur-de-lis symbol and the phrase 'c'est la vie,' or 'such is life.' When I see my tattoo it reminds me that life happens and to accept it. -- Mallory from Indiana


Photo courtesy of Mallory.

2015-03-20-1426872232-2477432-divorcetattoo7.jpg


I just started my divorce tattoo about three months ago. It's a work in progress. My ex-husband told me I wasn't 'allowed' to get a half-sleeve tattoo because it would make me ugly. I have lived in Colorado my whole life and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm so happy that I did this now that I'm free from a controlling marriage. It's a symbol of the control I was submissive to during those four years, and I broke through that and got the tattoo. -- Laurel from Colorado


Photo courtesy of Laurel.

2015-03-20-1426872262-9095507-divorcetattoo11.jpg


I consider this Against Me! lyric to be my divorce tattoo. It's from a song that was released a few months after my ex-husband asked me for a divorce. Whenever I look down at my arm, rather than seeing a gap where my wedding rings were, I now have this tattoo. I thought that my life was ruined because I was divorced by age 25, but it reminds me that I can get through pretty much whatever life wants to throw my way. -- Lauren from England


Photo courtesy of Lauren.

2015-03-20-1426872296-9424771-divorcetattoo5.jpg


The meaning of my first name, Briana, is Celtic for 'woman of strength.' Every time I have feelings of failure, heartache and disparity, I remember this. Since my freedom, I have accomplished so much. I am almost done with achieving my bachelor's degree, and I have been on Dean's list every semester, even the semester I got the divorce and was in court every other week! I am on the right path to a wonderful, successful and happy life! -- Briana from Connecticut


Photo courtesy of Briana.

2015-03-20-1426872327-3677977-divorcetattoo12.jpg


My divorce tattoo sums up everything I changed about my life between the ages of 26 and 29. I lost over 100 pounds, got laid off from my job of over three and a half years, and left my husband. I got it as a 29th birthday present to myself back in January 2013. The quote is from my favorite book, The Stand by Stephen King, and the tattoo is on my upper left thigh. -- Ashley from Kansas


Photo courtesy of Ashley.

2015-03-20-1426872355-4864364-divorcetattoo14.jpg


The feather on my divorce tattoo represents Forrest Gump, a survivor in his own right. The lyrics 'I felt free' are from a Circa Survive song that speaks volumes in reference to my life. -- Kelly from Ohio


Photo courtesy of Kelly.

2015-03-20-1426872379-4338801-divorcetattoo13.jpg


My divorce tattoo says 'believe.' It's a simple tattoo and just one word, but it means more than what you think on the surface. I believe in love, family, life, God, happiness, other people, and, most of all, I believe in myself! -- Heather from Maryland


Photo courtesy of Heather.

2015-03-20-1426872403-8854745-Briannadivorcetattoo.jpg


During my divorce, I read a Bible verse that really stuck with me, Hebrews 6:19. It says, 'We have this hope as an anchor for the soul.' I got this tattoo because I put my happiness in my ex-husband and in turn lost myself. Never again! I will be my own happiness and not depend on others to make me happy. -- Brianna from Las Vegas


Photo courtesy of Brianna.

2015-03-20-1426872437-1343024-divorcetattoo10.jpg


My divorce tattoo is inspired by a Cinematic Orchestra song called, To Build a Home. The lyrics speak of building a home, and a life together. After nine years of marriage, I can honestly say that I put my all into those things. And just as the song says, it all turned to dust. The song speaks of climbing a tree in the garden that they planted the seeds in together. It mentions gusts that try to change who you are, discourage you, and make you second guess yourself, but challenge you to hold on tightly, and become stronger. The gust tried to blow me down many times throughout the first year. It has been the most difficult year of my life, and it is still not over. I want to be strong, not bitter. My lines are drawn with him, but now I am truly ready to move on. -- Anna from New York


Photo courtesy of Anna.

2015-03-20-1426872477-3786228-divorcetattoo6.jpg


I got this tattoo on what was supposed to be my wedding anniversary, about three weeks before my divorce was finalized. It symbolizes breaking free and flying after my divorce, and also a double meaning since my wedding theme was based on the peacock feather. -- Kelly from Illinois


Photo courtesy of Kelly.

2015-03-20-1426872501-7406323-divorcetattoo8.jpg


Grey's Anatomy is one of my favorite television shows and my friends tend to refer to me as 'Meredith.' So I found it pretty fitting to get a heart beat with 'life goes on' above it. Great inspiration for a divorce tattoo!-- Brittany from Ohio


Photo courtesy of Brittany.

2015-03-20-1426874580-9069456-Manadadivorcetattoo.jpg


I got tattooed the day my divorce was finalized. This is a lyric from the Bob Marley song, "Three Little Birds." It helped me get through my divorce. I kept listening to it and reassuring myself that everything would be alright. Now, almost a year later, I know that to be true.-- Manda from Florida


Photo courtesy of Manda.

2015-03-20-1426872562-7259766-Amandadivorcetattoo.jpg


I chose to get a phoenix to remind me that although I am still very much (metaphorically) burning, I will eventually make it through this and rise from the ashes. -- Amanda from New York


Photo courtesy of Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. My passion for love and life has made me to take to the Internet to
    warn Internet users particularly those in search of solution to their
    problems to beware of and avoid comments about spell caster that can
    use their magical power in helping you out with your problems. I don't
    want anyone to be fooled because i was a victim of this fraudsters
    who claimed to be spell casters. I am Wimberly William and i was having
    a difficult time in my relationship as my wife couldn't give birth to a
    child. Although my wife and i loved each other very much as it were.We kept on
    hoping and for 6 years there weren't any sign of breakthrough .As days
    goes by,i will always weep because at that time i was really down.
    Even though my wife tried to always be by my side,only time would
    tell as we couldn't cope with pressure coming from friends and she had to leave
    me for another man. I was now left to face my problem alone even
    though my mom would always talk to me and console me on phone. Things
    went from bad to worse when i was sacked from the private organization
    i was working because been happily married was a criteria that was
    needed and that i was now lacking owing to my failure to have a child that has made my
    wife leave me for another man leaving me single. I kept on
    searching and hoping i would find a solution to my problem but there
    wasn't any coming. I contacted lots of spell caster as i saw them on
    the Internet but all were scams as they demanded money from me
    frequently and nothing happened. i had to relocate from Texas city
    United state to Jamaica where my mom was residing and also because i
    became racially abused because of my color .I spent 4 months with my
    mom and together we kept on looking for solution still to no avail.
    There came a faithful day when i met my high school mate who knew i
    was happily married and living in Texas city United state with my
    wife and had to ask why i flew back to Jamaica. I explained my
    problem to her and with sincere desire in wanting my problems solved
    she led me to DR JAMIN ABAYOMI. Although i was doubtful but soon as i
    explained my problem to him,he laughed and gave me a maximum of
    72 hours for my wife to come back and for she go give birth. I
    did all i was asked to do which included me traveling back to Texas
    city United state. I traveled back to Texas city united state,on my
    arrival during the early hours of the morning,my phone rang and guess
    who?it was my wife who called asking for my forgiveness and saying
    she was coming back home. She came few hours later and on her knees she
    pleaded for forgiveness. Although it was a tough decision for me to
    make because of all the pains i have been through. I love her and
    needed her back so i had no option but to forgive her. We sat together
    and while she was resting her head on my chest we had romantic
    conversation and talked about things that we have never spoken about
    and like husband and wife the urge came to have sex and we had sex for
    a very long time that day. The next day which was still within the
    72 hours given by DOCTOR JAMIN ABAYOMI she felt something different in her
    body and immediately she went for a check up and to our greatest
    surprise,she was pregnant. How possible could this be but it happened
    and am very thankful also my skin color that made me racially abused
    was changed to the preferred and now we are now happily married again
    and no racial discrimination. All thanks to DR JAMIN ABAYOMI for his
    solution.
    ARE YOU FACED WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM OR ANY KIND OF PROBLEM.PLEASE KNOW
    THAT DR JAMIN ABAYOMI isn't on the Internet so kindly contact him via
    EMAIL: drjaminremedy@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete